Thursday, July 14

A Fresh Start

Sunshine and blue skies make me want to spring clean even though its summer!!  So the to do list has had a battering on phone calls this morning and before I start on the difficult things I decided I needed to blog again. 

I have not had an easy couple of years, I have kind of known redundancy was coming for a while and it did in May and I had to face the big dirty JCP - my word I can tell some stories about that......still another day.  I get my stamp paid and 2 months down the line am waiting for my first payment to clear - what do they think people live off!!! 


We spent last night on the finances and had a few actions to try and cut things down a bit.  Even though I had already done alot there is more I can still do I think.  We do need to identify some cheap and filling meals that allow for me being on weight watchers and John cutting some carbs out - OK so on the pasta days he will have to think of something else, but he has his way and I have mine - its all about getting our heads in the right place.  We have also become a bit stuck in our ways on meals and need to freshen things up - any ideas, suggestions of blogs are welcome.

Currently Gym fees are still ON the budget as we are only 1 mile away and it offers swim, gym and free golf so not bad value at £105 for all three of us.  Value and affordability are not to be confused though!  Still my morning on the phone netted us £30 a month we don't have to pay, 550 credit and 101.11 credit so not bad for a mornings work.

I am also looking for a loft bed for Cait - she has decided that is what she wants for her birthday so I have been stalking ebay and found a couple localish and may speak to my neighbour about helping to collect them as our little car is too small, or I may need to identify a man and van - will still be cheaper than upwards of £300 for the full kit and caboodle new!

We are also doing a home party and I might as well use my crafty skills so we will be making a necklace and bracelet from some bead kits I found at Sainsburies, decorating a bag with their name on that I will caligrapher with the dual colour pens from kuretake I think they are and then make a card handbag - Cait loves hers and I think they will enjoy making them and we can do it all sitting down!!  Cait is thrilled I am making the cake (despite insiting on shop bought the last few years) and I will be attempting a fairy castle!!  Now need somewhere for bulk sugar paste - lol

Rachel

No comments: