Monday, May 22

Sixty

Yes thats 60 crafters all in one room - how scary is that!!!!

We had a big meet up in Brum for Craftsby Carolyn Forum -------> find the link over there.

What a racket....what a rabble.......what great fun!!!!

I was completely mesmerised by all the tooing and froing and I don't think I managed to settle to one thing all day - although I did have a bit of a go at the die cutters at one point and the alcohol inks that Lythan kindly brought along to try as well - really like those but the budget is 0 pounds at the moment so it will have to wait (although I must have a rummage in my kit to see if I have anything that will "do" instead of the official versions.....no chance of a play soon though as Cait is moving far too quick for my liking at the moment :-)

Jan came to stay with me (beady one that is) and she showed me freeform beading - and I have completed onebracelett already - will have to sort a photie out and get that up either on here or the photo site - also -----> over there.

I met so many people it was great - had a chatter with Swiss Nicki right at the end - lots ofhugss for you sweetie (((((((())))))))) hope you had a nice evening last night. Also Net the cakemaker (we have eaten 2 out of the 3 already and all have OH complete seal of approval and he was asking when I would next see you!! Cait even had a bit of the carrot cake and spent the rest of the evening chasing me for a bit more.) There are just too many conversations to relate but I spenta lott of time chatting needless to say.

The bring and buy was good too - someone has a great photo of bums in a row as everyone rootled through for their "bargain" and I don't think anyone was disappointed. Having said that I think most of us are on a rationalisation bent at the moment so I was very restrained and spent a whole £2! The stamp box seemed the most popular.

We were back pretty quickly as I am only about 30 mins away or so which was great. Puss if you are worried about next year I should be able to contribute a bit more then - wela lotot more if required so you won't be alone.

Rachel

1 comment:

Jane said...

When I saw the next one at Brum being discussed I had to go and lie down in a dark room straight away!!....so any help will be eagerly grabbed!!

Love that photo of the 'bums' as well - really made me smile!!

Jane (Puss)