Thursday, April 1

Craft Room - piccies

Well it has been in place some time now and I thought it was about time I showed a few photies.  It is no where near finished - there is still miles of sorting to do and as always some rearranging - you put it in and then find a better place etc.

The desk I have had for years along with the Ikea drawers on the top at the back - the white thing on top of that was a foam board ink pad storage unit but it was converted to Ribbon when I got the tower on the left.  Actually you cant see it that well as it is just behind the light so barely visible in the first photo but OK in the second. The tool box is an actual tool box so that was easy!!  I also have underneath an old engineers wooden tool box which I love complete with the old smell of oil in there.  I use this for dies and cats eye type ink pads and buttons and other odds and ends like that.  Can you see the latest order ;-)

The white drawers I have two sets of are Ikea - the drawers are a bit of a mish mash and one of the things that need sorting.  but I have my beading and felt stuff in them as well as stamping stuff - which doesn't really work for me at the moment.  The top of them is used for cutting mats and cello bags and such under the desk and it is also supposed to be my cutting unit on the other one but often WIP gets dumped there - I have tidied since this was taken but the baskets are still there holding some tools for a class I am doing soon with 4 different projects.

The shelving units also have two drawers at the bottom of each  but there isn't really any rhyme or reason to what is where other than it fits.  I have 12 x 12 in the middle section and stamps either side.  The boxes are Ikea and contain envies, none su ribbon and SU wheels and ermmm need some labels - lol.  Baskets on the top currently have stamps in them but that will change, unmounted are on the shelf below 12 x 12 stuff.  I had to utilise the top part as well and there are a couple of boxes of beads, albums full and empty and some baskets of finished projects etc.  I have some boxes of finished cards which I need to sort again to sell some off.  I have more painting and colouring tools than I care to mention as well as a bunch of more arty stuff from art class, two of the drawers are knitting, one is full of things to alter, one speciality paper, one odds and ends and the other more odds and ends - more sorting!!  The Red drawers are SU paper the shelves none SU.


I have since done alot of general tidying so the floor is clear and the desk for the most part but Looking at it all and describing it I need an OCD friend to come and attack it now - any offers

Rachel

1 comment:

Classy Stampin' said...

Rachel, I like that you have your priorities right - I spy the kettle!!! (hope you have a biscuit tin too!)

Kelly