Monday, May 18

A weekend away

I thought I would at least try to blog more with words even if I can't sort my act out with the photos!!!

I had to take Thursday pm as leave and had prebooked Friday as leave so it was quite a long weekend in the end. Thursday Cait and I needed a hair cut so I booked that in and the agreement was we would go to the park and have fish and chips for tea - fine by me!!! Hubs was working late as well so no tea cooking for him. The rain held off and it was fun running around the park with a 3 year ld going on 4 - she raided the play toys and ran from item to item having a ball and spending as long as she liked. She then decided to go and see the ducks which are a bit of a wlak away - she wanted to feed them - I said we had no bread, so she said "That's OK we will just have to watch them swim won't we!" made me laugh! So we played hide and seek all the way to the river then sat and watched the ducks for 10 minutes sitting on a bench chatting. She had a run around an old pitch and putt golf course on the way back to the car and then we played pooh sticks and went into St John's Museum where she showed me round as she has been many times on rainy days with her childminder so knows the ropes - at one point as I looked like i might go upstairs she said to me "Oh you don't want to go up there it's full of soldiers" - Military history!! Then we had to play dress up in the play room and go and see the school class room they have set up in victorian style..

Alarmingly they have toys and clothes from different eras and some of the toys I might have had as a child - couldn't possibly comment!!

Friday she had photo day at Nursery then we headed up to my parents in North Wales for a Family weekend - which was nice as her cousin was over from Germany and one Aunt had just come back from NZ and Aus after 6 months over there. She had a complete ball and I got a couple of hours of crafty shopping in - well under the auspices of shopping for curtain fabrics etc for my office/craft rooma and the lounge downstairs. She got to run rampant at granny and grandads and was vry put out she wasn't staying on her own and Mummy and Daddy going back home for a week without her!!

I made a scrapbook for someone's birthday which was interesting - 24 6x6 pages and it took me 2 hours - speed scrapper or what. We added some of the photos from the weekend for Cait's Cousin's Mummy.

We ate at the Miner's Arms at Maeshafn - lovely food and good service. All cooked from fresh and a proper crust on the steak and ale pie no puff pastry in sight! I used to go up there when i was about 22 as it was the only local place to serve Theakston's Old Peculiar! Brings back memories. Trouble was we always had to drive as too far for walking and that meant a limit on intake! Not far from there was the "house that got away" as well. I don't recall exactly how much is was - only less than £20K, needed compelte refurb but easily worth 1/4 to 1/2 a mil these days - sigh if only - still hey ho! As I said the other day if I had bought it life may have taken a different twist and I wouldn't be where I am today etc.

The drive home was long and boring but Cait and I had a scream playing I spy and it kept her amused for ages and she was really getting the hang of it towards the end.

Rachel

No comments: