Sunday, September 16

Different sort of crafty day

today. I baked a cake last night and today we have iced it and it's accompanying buns. Cake just for the heck of it - not often I do that at home. Then we made some Jam with the blackberries I picked yesterday - next door had some more jam jars as I had run out - so I owe them a pot of jam now. Cait had a play with some of my craft room rejects and had a whale of a time and we now have a few new sorts of masterpieces to find a home for - lol.

We popped out for the icing sugar some eggs and a wee crafty shop for me at a crafty centre the other side of Stratford - we had a nice time and Cait had a short snooze. When we got back she decided to have her pinny on and wanted to be in my kitchen cooking - well - not today so I set her up with her toy kitchen with a little table as well - how cute is this - I have a little video of her as well handing out food and crockery - she was very efficient!
And now I have soup on for tea - chicken and veg - but my first attempt at this sort of soup - only made carrot and coriander before. I just obviously have head space for these things this weekend. Not sure why but makes a nice change to be otherwise crafty.

Cait also had a crafty play - yesterday and today actually with some of my left over scraps from my clear out. She is like all crafters - ends up working in a square 6 inches of space - which made me smile. Here are her master pieces as well....



Then we have cake (which ended up in the oven too long as I was putting Cait to bed and John ignored the timer - grrr - still not too bad as long as you don't try and eat the edges! The buns below are much better - so I decided J can have the cake and Cait and I the buns....

Finally the Jam - not too much and probably the last of the blackberries but I already have another 4 jars in the cupboard and we tend to not eat Jam - I just like making it - lol.

As Cait has also gorn orf to sleep pdq tonight I may even get back in my craft room and do something else!!! Wonders will never cease.

Rachel

2 comments:

Kathy said...

FAB photos Rachel - especailly the cakes of course!

Love that Cait has already developed the crafter's 6" work-area technique - made me smile too!

Ragged Roses said...

Jam making is addictive isn't it? Those cakes look yummy! Cait looks very busy in her kitchen! Thanks for the birthday wishes
Kim x