Sunday, March 18

Real News


Well not really - but real scrapping for a change!

Scent of summer was a UKS challenge to scrap a scent - bit obvious but I have been wanting to scrap these lovely flowers for a while - they were all taken in Warwikc Mill Garden off to one side of the castle - not a particularly inspired page design or anything but wanted to reflect the flowers - no journalling on this one so will have to think of someway to include the info at some point.

Second one is whilst we were on Hols in 2004 Sept ish I think - Canal Boating up the Canals in Ireland from Rathangan - stopped off at the Hanged Man pub which was lovely food and drink wise and we rolled over the bridge and onto the boat to sleep the effects off - then woke early in the Irish Mist and phutted off into the distance - being beaten speed wise by a couple of swans!!!!!! Lovely peaceful time though and the waters were as clear as a Bell- you could watch all the fish swimming about, kingfishers, herons and all sorts of wildlife - simply gorgeous. I have a few more from this journey to scrap including one of a rather wet John.......that one might have a wee bit of journalling on it! Journalling on this one is hidden below the second picture - pulled out by the ribbon to the right. In real life the colours are a better match - I couldn't get the photo to take that well.

Not done masses today - went to see a neighbours house and like it although I think they are going to want too much for it - I don't think what has been done has been done well so I would replaster - get the leccy checked out - and properly channelled in too which it is't at the Mo - plus it needs new bathroom and kitchen really if we are honest about it so I wouldn't want to be paying top whack for it and I am not sure they will go there. I am still thinking about it...

Other than that Cait and I up and breakfasted around 9, played a bit - in and out of outside whilst the sun shone and alternated with hail storms! Cait slept and I did a bit of baking - scones, sausages for lunch and casserole for our tea - not the worst and not my best...also did a loaf in the breadmaker. Cait is all packed up ready for the morning and I am winding down for bed - although not sure how much sleep I will get as they are relaying the track on the railway which is near enough to be noisy when they are doing that sort of work.

Rachel

No comments: