Friday, August 18

It never stops

Well did the Job app and the interview and didn't get it - but actually was quite pleased not to - I spent an evening trying to convince myself to take it if they offered - I didn't want the job but did want the "localness" if you know what I mean - but this woman who was the Boss was awful - I would have lasted 5 mins tops before telling her wots wot so probably all just as well - lol.

Caits Christening went off well (thanks Jane) and we squeezed everyone in - seems ages ago now. It was her No. 1 Birthday last tuesday so we went off round the safari park in West Midlands and I have never seen so many "unwild" animals - they were coming to the window and eating out of people's hands. All a bit false and cartoony but got loads of piccies so need to download them all and see what came out. Cait usefully fell asleep as soon as we hit the animal trail and snozzed for ages and woke up to have the wits scared out of her by a big Zebra poking its nose in the window - lol. We then went to my sisters for Birthday Tea with the two aunties and granny and grandad as well and Cait loved it! Complete hyper maniac but hey you are only 1 once :-).

Between birthday and Christening she now has enough clothes for the next 12 months 8-). And so many toys and bits and bobs she needs a jewellery box as well as a new toy box!

I left Cait with the girls whilst I had my interview and drove up Wednesday night and got there about 7.30 as the clutch went on one car - good job I had the spare one there!!! (Who on this planet has a spare car - yes me!!!) so had to faff around changing car seat over etc before going up so was later than planned so she had already gone off to sleep when I got there!!! Ahhh spoke to soon she was awake again in 5 mins and completely hyper till abut 9.30 - arghghghg!!! Still she slept in my sisters room and she did the feed in the am and stuff so I did get a really good sleep for a change.

Now trying to sort the car out and they can't fault it at the garage - double arghghgh so one of their technicians is taking it home tonight to see if standing overnight makes it all happen again like last time. To be honest it has been sluggish on pulling off and clutch control for ages so I hope it does play up for him.

Off to Milton Keynes shopping tomorrow - OH has money burning a hole, glasses that need fixing, feet that need shod and variuos other big spend items to sort out. Must admit my eyes need testing and glasses updating again - I only had new lenses last time and the frames are still OK on the expensive ones so might do that again if they need changing. Even the £29.99 frames are still Ok 2 years down the line so will only change things if I have to.

I must admit I quite fancy having a go at contact lenses - never bothered me much in the past and I left it as most of my problem has always been an astigmatism which were difficult to cater for but I think things have improved since all those years ago when I first looked at them.

We shall see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: