Wednesday, June 21

Pop - for Lythan

My Grandad was Pop!!

My Dad wanted to be Caits Pop but more often than not he gets called Grumps (instead of Gramps) - well we think its funny :-)

Earliest memory was being in hospital and them putting me in a cot - I was outraged I hadn't been in a cot since I was teeny (this is when I was three) and to add insult to injury they put a lid on the cot as I kept climbing out - well thats why I wasn't in a cot at home!!!!

Pop I have some lovely memories of, he called me Looby Loo and my sister Snowdrop and I remember sitting with him in a big wooden rocking chair by the fireplace just before bedtime. Sadly he died when I was six but I still have a huge bank of memories of him and his pipe collection. Wonderful Man.

I also learnt Welsh from the age of 7 when we moved to North Wales - about all I can remember these days is Sit ydwch chi heddew (and even then not 100% on the spelling). I am suprised your G&G weren't Nine and Tide.

Rachel

No comments: