Monday, May 1

Bank Holiday & family photos

Errr didn't really notice anything different - lol. Went up to my sisters and met up with M&D up there to show Cait off. Unfortunately she wasn't well at all bless her so wasn't really on form. She was good in the car though slept up and back which bodes well for our holidays coming up soon.

Blogs are getting lots of attention on CBC so I need to suss out putting some links on the left to a few other peoples - I can read them easily then and keep up to date with everyone instead pof hunting through all the posts on them :-)

Went for a shop today - haven't been out for ages got a great gismo from Tommy Tippee to stick plates to ..er...well... it says anything. Haven't tested it on the ceiling yet though :-). Got all OH birthday pressies as well and a pastry brush - never owned one of them before how exciting is that.

I am currently working through 30 years plus of photos my Dad has sent me on disc to find some for a mini scrap book for my Mum - there are some real classics, but so glad we are in the digi world and can put things right, change colours, etc etc - so will need to get to work on a few of those I think. Strange to see relatives that have passed on - especially some of the younger one - a life finished made me quite emotional thinking about it. My Dad lost two of his brothers both at quite young ages - Joe at late thirties and David at 51. Gone but not forgotten as they say. My Dad doesn't normally show emotion but when David died (his last immediate male relative) he cried like a baby bless him, he was so upset. I think it changed something in him as well and helps him remember to live for now and not worry so much about the future as there might not be one.

Enough Maudlin - those photos certainly brought some memories out though.

Rachel

No comments: