Monday, February 13

Time moves on.....

Does it ever, Baby is 6 months old now and demanding breakfast and getting ready for the off in the moving stakes. We desperately need to do a sweep of the living rooms to make them baby safe...far too many things for small hands to explore and get into mischief with.

I have been making Jewellery and boxes for said Jewellery. Managed to sell some to a local shop - although not sure they will take more as they were specific for Valentines. OH is taking some into work later today for the lads to have a look at.

I am working on a jewelled caterpillar (well thats what I call it) it is kind of an encrusted bracelet with hundreds of tiny beads on there. It does however take forever to do - so it is growing slowly. I think if I invested in the proper thread for stringing it would be easier as it would fit into the skinny needle that goes through the beads as it is at the moment I keep having to thread and rethread the needle.

Babes is nearly asleep again so time for me to go and get myself ready for the day. We are off to see a local nursery this morning. I am unlikely to go back to work for a few months yet but wanted to get going on deciding what to do with B when I do. I have already spoken to my Boss and there are two possibilities - going back part time and working from a home base and the second is redundancy. Not exactly what I wanted but not a big a deal as it was when it was mooted 2/3 yrs ago.

Am also signed up to write part of a book on dealing with debt - I dealt with mine an aeon ago but thought it would be fun - now panicking about a looming deadline for the first draft of my chapters. Probably just need to spend sometime surfing to gather data then structure myself something to write around. It's interesting from the point of view of thinking "anyone can write" to realising that you have some shortcomings and in writing you come across as dry - how to inject humour into what is basically factual writing is more difficult than you think. I kind of have writer's block except that as of yet I have written nothing.......

Mind you I can blather on here so whats the big dealie.

Rachel

No comments: