Monday, March 24

Flowers

Well Sue's little extra is flowers with a difference - they have to be home made!!! None of this cheating with premade bought ones - even though I have draw fulls of the things - Lol


So I had a go at something I saw a while back and haven't been able to trace again uses the Stampin' Up! Roses in Winter set (I know - again - but really I love this set!)

Technically I bodged this technique so it is a faux paper toile kind of thing as I just shaped the card by hand rather than damping shaping and drying blah blah blah - but you know life is too short and all that!

So here is what I came up with...

I was really pleased with the effect but can think of improvements...but can't you always when you try something a bit different.

I have enjoyed myself this holiday and got alot of crafting done considering. My two sisters popped over Friday afternoon after John had left for Footie and a London Overnight, and we had a wander round Hatton so they could spot the new house and see the environs, I will have to keep a chocolate stash in the house somewhere as there is no where just round the corner which I have been used to for a few years - probably be a good time to start the diet - lol. We also then went to Hatton Country World for a wander and mooch in the shops etc. They have a good childrens play area and animal farm thing and they are trying to get me to join it for the year but I am still humming and haaing. It used to be about £35 but it is now £118 or something silly.

One of them then stayed over and played with Cait alot letting me chill out a bit which was really good. I have also had to sort lots of things out ready for the move so now need to start getting my head around packing boxes, Labelling and sorting removals out. I booked a few days holiday to start the process off but we shall see how things go. Back into the maelstrom of work next week so will have to keep that in focus for a couple of weeks at least till things are organised for this project.
Rachel

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Wow Rachel this is so wonderful. Love this creation.

Lythan said...

this is such an amazing card Rachel, I really love it

Penny said...

This is simply stunning, I love the 3-d effect you have made with the roses :)

Hazel said...

What a super card, Rachel - when I saw it on DCM I wondered who had done it - yours was the first name I tried to see if I was right!

Judy said...

Gorgeous card, Rachel!
JudyNZ

artfulstampin said...

Lovely layering