Wednesday, September 12

OMG another post












What is wrong with me - no idea but I am full of beans today on top of doing lots of work work I have also taken Cait swimming tonight, sorted out my things for sale piccies on my fotopic site, done some crafting AND taken more photos! The sneak peek photie is of a notebook I have done for one of my sisters she is a real girlie girl and loves anything like this so hopefully she will like it. Full piccie below - cos I am not a meanie - lol. This is also what I made with my blog candy from Tracey!! I still have a few pieces left as well. So thanks Tracey!

There is a bind it all style notebook at the bottom of all this fluff but basically I pasta machine embossed some card with my cuttlebug flower background then sanded it - cut the end with large scallop scissors which are one of my favs at the moment. Then I made up the flowers - a fabric Dunelm style flower and a paper hydrangea type with button centres - all the buttons are slightly different which I quite like. Then the alpha letter is chipboard which was painted with Daler Rowney pearlescent inks several times (Hot Mamma Red - love the name) then I put diamond glaze over that and sprinkled in a couple of different glitters - I find a couple of different ones works nicely for more depth so there is a dark and light pink in there. The primas were just put together with the brad and stuck into the still wet diamond glaze on the letter and glues onto the notebook to one side. I used exactly the same method on the initials with magnets further down. Then "eyelash" fibres tied round each of the ring binds on the spine of the book for the pink fluff look.


















These were some thank you cards which I did a batch of following Cait's birthday and staying with some friends - I just made a dozen or so and now have some spares as well - love the little Hero Arts Birdie Stamps and they were just stamped in black stazon and coloured with Marker pens and the Thanks stamped in Brilliance Lilac/Lavender can't recall the exact colour - so simple but pretty.

















And these little letters are some initials for little Christmas presents this year, I have put magnetic strip on the back and they are for the girlies in the family - although not one of my sisters as I already used her initial on the notebook above. I don't think any of them even know I have a blog so I should be safe - lol.

1 comment:

Hazel said...

Wow!! You have been busy, Rachel. I love those letters - the notebook with one on is fab. As for the crafty blogs rating, you'll soon go up the scale. Lol! - I did, but I seem to be slipping down again - thanks for putting a link to me - perhaps I'll have a few more visiters - mind you, it would help if I had more crafty stuff to show! perhaps later today